Muffins and pastries

Peanut and chocolate chip muffins

November 1, 2011

So far, these are the cutest muffins I have ever made! A trick of adding peanuts and chocolate at the top of the muffins at the end of baking makes them so lovely. The muffins are moist, really nutty and a little bit crunchy. And if that isn’t enough they contain chocolate :) So, come on, find yourself a reason to bake them.
Peanut and chocolate chip muffins

Peanut and chocolate chip muffins
Makes 12
(recipe from a book – Food lovers “Bread&muffins”)
  • 150 g all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 100 g caster sugar
  • 100 g dark chocolate chips (or dark chopped chocolate)
  • 6 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
  • 116 ml sunflower oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 175 ml milk
  • about 50 unsalted peanuts, to decorate
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan).
If you are using a silicone muffin pan, just skip this step, your muffins will nicely pop up from the pan, otherwise butter a muffin pan or line them with paper cases.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the sugar and 50 g of chocolate chips and stir together.
Put the peanut butter, oil, egg and milk in a large bowl and mix together with a fork.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and stir gently to combine.
Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases.
Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and the peanuts on the top of the muffins and bake for further 5 minutes, until the muffins are firm. Leave to cool on a wire rack.

Peanut and chocolate chip muffins

• Reply CarolineO November 1, 2011 at 23:52

Love, love chocolate and nuts, these look super!

• Reply Marion November 2, 2011 at 16:38

Stop posting this kind of recipes please, I’m trying to follow a diet but I want to give it up every time I come here :)

• Reply Magda November 2, 2011 at 16:45

CarolineO, they are so gooood.
    Marion, I wish I could. I made hummus and baba ghanoush to eat with carrots, I may post it here when I will be able to take some photos, it’s too dark in the evening :(

• Reply Colette November 2, 2011 at 20:19

Gorgeous pics, and great recipe. On my list to make!

• Reply Magda November 3, 2011 at 08:43

Colette, :) I hope you will like them

• Reply Allison November 3, 2011 at 11:14

Hi Madga,

I stopped by to thank you for leaving a comment and I have to tell you I love your site. The photos are gorgeous and amazing recipes. :)

• Reply Sue/the view from great island November 9, 2011 at 23:06

I am a muffin fanatic, so I have to try these. And I agree, chocolate makes everything better.

• Reply Baking tips for begginers - Magda's Cauldron February 15, 2014 at 10:00

[…] beginners I recommend recipes that don’t even call for a mixer. Muffins are perfect – try these peanut butter or easy peach ones. Sophie’s Banana Bread is another great example, or this orange syrup cake I […]

• Reply Eva February 20, 2016 at 21:15

Caster sugar has finer granules than your nmraol sugar, it is used in baking and making confectioneries. You could use granular sugar, depending on how you need to use it. but will not give you the same results.