Cakes, Easter, Polish food

Snickers cheesecake

April 20, 2012

Sorry guys, I’ve been a really bad blogger lately, but I have a really good reason for that. I got a job! So yes, we are staying in Ireland for longer!
The new job is really nice, with nice people, who like to eat cookies I bake. Yes, I tried to bribe then on my first day with home-baked cookies and well I think it worked ;)
Anyway I would love to promise you I will be here more often, but next week we are going to Poland for TJ’s brother wedding and little holidays, so it may be hard to be a good blogger. So please forgive me. I will be back. I promise.
It is about time to post a recipe for Snickers Cheesecake that you saw at my Easter table. It is sinful recipe, your boyfriends, husbands, brothers will love it.

Snickers cheesecake

Snickers Cheesecakerecipe from a blog Moje wypieki

• 750 g curd cheese (twarog)
  • 6 eggs
  • 2/3 cup icing sugar
  • 1 Tbsp potato starch
  • 1 Tbsp plain flour
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 5 Snickers (medium size, 40 g each, sliced),

For decoration:

• dulce de leche
  • Snickers, sliced
  • melted chocolate or peanuts (optionally)
Grind the curd cheese at least twice. You can buy ground cheese sometimes in Polish shops, but very often they don’t taste as nice as the real one. More about curd cheese (twarog) you can read here. You can also try to substitute it with ricotta.
In a bowl beat egg yolks with icing sugar till creamy and white. Add potato starch, plain flour, vanilla extract and curd cheese.
In a separate bowl whip egg whites until soft peaks.
Stir it gently into the cheesecake mixture. At the end add sliced Snickers and stir gently.
Grease a 23-cm spring form and line it with baking paper. Place the cheesecake mixture in the pan and smooth down.
Bake at 180ºC/160ºC fan for about 60 minutes. Cool down with a slightly ajar oven and place in a fridge for a few hours or over the night.
Decorate it with dulce de leche, Snickers and optionally peanuts and melted chocolate.
Snickers cheesecake
And by the way, we went for a lovely walk from Malahide to Portmarnock.
Ireland Malahide
And we found a friend, but unfortunately we couldn’t take him home with us :(
running dog

• Reply Colette April 20, 2012 at 21:26

Gorgeous looking cheesecake, Magda :) Beautiful pics as usual :) Enjoy your break away and the wedding. x

• Reply Magda April 21, 2012 at 21:05

Thank you Colette :) I need to take a few Polish cookbooks with me this time and for sure it will be nice break :)

• Reply Jesica @ Pencil Kitchen April 21, 2012 at 04:58

I will let you be a director if you were to give me some cookies. Just saying ;) This looks awesomely sinful!

• Reply Magda April 21, 2012 at 21:08

Ha ha, thank you so much Jesica, I will remember ;)

• Reply Rachel @ Bakerita April 21, 2012 at 06:18

Looks great! Gorgeous cheesecake, and with snickers? I bet it tastes as good as it looks!!

• Reply Magda April 21, 2012 at 21:09

Yes it does, but I try to bake it only for a big occasion ;)

• Reply Amee April 21, 2012 at 07:45

Congrats on your new job, Magda. I’m so glad you are staying. I would miss my blogging buddy if you went. That cheesecake looks fantastic and very naughty indeed.

• Reply Magda April 21, 2012 at 21:11

Thank you Amee, you know I wouldn’t disappear from Internet, don’t you?
      I hope we will meet soon, although I will miss two bloggers meeting in May, but maybe something else will pop up.

• Reply La enredadera April 21, 2012 at 07:55

I just have known your blog, from foodgawker!!

I love this cheesecake, and I have seen some other recipes that I love, so I’ll stay here ;) I take a sit!!

And I save this recipe, cos I love cheesecake, my boyf loves Snickers, this is perfect for us!!

Glad to see you can stay more in Dublin, I love that country!!
    I’m going to see if you have som polich recipe here in the blog, it would be great!!

Salutes from Spain ;)

• Reply Magda April 21, 2012 at 21:14

La anredadera, you can stay as long as you want. I have a slice of banana bread if you want. And do you prefer tea or coffee?
      Pozdrowienia from Ireland :)

• Reply Bea April 21, 2012 at 08:10

Gratuluje zatem pracy! Skoro lubia tam Twoje ciasteczka, to znaczy ze fajni ludzie ;)

Pozdrawiam!

• Reply Magda April 21, 2012 at 21:14

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Reply Magda April 21, 2012 at 21:15

Dziękuję Beo. Wiem, wiem, już na rozmowie się mnie pytali o moje ciasta i to był dobry znak ;) Tylko drugiego dnia się pytali czemu już nie ma ciastek ;)

• Reply Kristin April 21, 2012 at 13:46

Congrats on the job, Magda! I’m not really a cheesecake fan, but I do love Snickers so I’d make an exception for this one. Glad you’ll be staying with us a little longer! x

• Reply Magda April 21, 2012 at 21:17

Thank you Kristin. Ha ha, I love cheesecakes, they seem to be less sinful than other cakes as they are almost all diary! But I’m happy that I found a way to convince you into trying one ;)
      And I hope I will stay quite long, maybe even forever ;)

• Reply Amrita April 21, 2012 at 15:09

Oh good god! I’m slobbering here!

• Reply Magda April 21, 2012 at 21:18

That was the purpose of it ;) But it will be better for you Amrita if you go and bake this cheesecake :)

• Reply Anonymous April 21, 2012 at 20:50

“It is sinful recipe, your boyfriends, husbands, brothers will love it.”

What about the girlfriends, wives, and sisters? Are we to assume only heterosexual, females bake?

• Reply Magda April 21, 2012 at 21:21

Oh Anonymous it’s only my twisted heterosexual way of writing comes into action here. Of course anybody can bake it. My lesbian friends loved it as well as my heterosexual females, so that recipe is perfect for everybody :)

• Reply Imen McDonnell April 22, 2012 at 16:46

Magda, this looks absolutely DEADLY! (in a good way)……+ since we all love a Snicker bar, I must make it. Thanks for sharing looks gorgeous. Safe + fun travels. Imen xx

• Reply Magda April 22, 2012 at 17:21

Thank you Imen. Snickers bars are delicious, especially when you walking a lot like in mountains. Although it is also perfect even when you haven’t walked at all ;)

• Reply Gosia April 27, 2012 at 00:20

Wow, quite a recipe, and yet, it seems so manageable, not like the other intimidating cheesecake recipes I know. I will surely be testing it, Magda. Thanks for the recipe and congratulations on the job. Don’t feel bad that you’re not posting as much as you used to. This will even itself out over the time, in the meantime, enjoy your vacations. Gosia

• Reply Magda May 13, 2012 at 20:55

Thank you Gosia. Yes, this cheesecake is really easy, so I hope you will try it :)

• Reply Carla Coulson April 27, 2012 at 07:38

Magda, scrumptious looks heavenly and rich, and your walk looks great such picturesque country side, great pics.
    Thank-you for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway your support is truly appreciated.
    Good luck with the new job :)
    Carla x

• Reply Magda May 13, 2012 at 20:56

Thank you Carla. Your photos are stunning.

• Reply ka. April 29, 2012 at 19:38

hmnmmnm – heavenly! Going to my folder of ‘to bake’ immediately!
    ps congrats on a new job. Looking forward to more yummy things!

• Reply Magda May 13, 2012 at 20:57

Ka. – Thank you. Did you manage to bake it?

• Reply Adrienne May 8, 2012 at 15:07

Dear Bad Blogger. I forgive you for being a bad blogger because you left a beautiful snickers cheesecake behind you while you’re off on your travels. Hope you have a lovely time at home! Yeay again for the job too! Adrienne

• Reply Magda May 13, 2012 at 20:58

Thank you Adrienne, we had fabulous time in Poland and I’m happy you enjoyed the cheesecake recipe during my absence ;) I’m back but still lazy ;)