Autumn, Cakes, Easter, Polish food, Summer

Mixed berries cheesecake

August 3, 2012
There are days when you don’t know what to say.
No story today. It’s long weekend. Finally.
There is Chinese-Italian wedding tomorrow. Poland just won 3 medals in the Olympics, 2 gold ones and one bronze.
I made this cheesecake for a house-warming party. And I must admit it was huge hit as quite a few people took more than one slice.
And you won’t be delighted with this recipe, as it calls for a curd cheese as usual. I was writing about a curd cheese in December. If you are brave, you can try ricotta and tell me how it went.
The recipe is very simple.

Mixed berries cheesecake

recipe from White Plage blog
for 23-cm spring form

• 800 g full-fat or half fat curd cheese (twarog), ground at least twice
  • 150 g caster sugar
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp potato starch
  • 300 g blueberries, raspberries or any other berries

In a big bowl mix slowly curd cheese adding gradually sugar.
Add eggs one at the time.
Add to cheesecake mixture the rest of ingredients: vanilla extract, salt and potato starch.
Don’t mix too long, just till together is just combined.
Grease a baking tin and line with baking paper.
Place cheesecake mixture in a tin and smooth down.
Place the berries at the top.
Bake at 180ºC/160ºC fan for about 45-60 minutes.
Cool down with a slightly ajar oven and place in a fridge for a night. Decorate.
It is easily cut when cold, with a thin, sharp knife. Enjoy!
mixed berries cheesecake

• Reply ally August 4, 2012 at 16:08

oh yum! berry cheesecake just may be the best kind of cheesecake!
    xo

• Reply Magda August 5, 2012 at 15:29

Thanks Ally, I like plenty experimenting with cheesecake, but plain one would be my favourite

• Reply Jessie August 4, 2012 at 16:13

That looks fantastic! There is a brand of Ricotta cheese I love and have been waiting to make a cheesecake with it. I think this with the lovely berries will be the recipe. Thank you !

• Reply Magda August 5, 2012 at 15:36

Thanks Jessie. Let me know how it goes with ricotta. I’m so addicted to Polish cheese that I barely ever try cheesecakes with other cheese.

• Reply Bea August 4, 2012 at 17:21

Piekny! Coraz bardziej zaczynam tesknic za tego typu ciastami i chyba jednak za jakis czas sie skusze, choc – znajac mnie – pewnie w jakims wydaniu ‘mini’ ;)

Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

• Reply Magda August 5, 2012 at 15:51

Dziękuję Dziękuję Beo. Mi jakoś tak wychodzi, że jak robię bardziej odświętne ciasto to pada na sernik. A że tu pogoda raczej wiosenna niż letnia to przeciewskazań nie ma, że za gorąco. Nam na drugi dzień zostało po kawałku, więc można też powiedzieć, że wersja mini.

• Reply Syed Zeeshan Ali August 7, 2012 at 01:02

You and Your site is very wonderful and share very affective information.
    Technology, Free Software and Best Tutorial
    Keep it up.Your research is very informative
    God Bless You

• Reply Ola August 31, 2014 at 21:16

Magda, super przepis, dziekuje serdecznie, na pewno powtorze…podoba mi sie Twoj blog ;-)) polecilam go tez kolezance…. wszystkiego dobrego…

• Reply Magda September 1, 2014 at 13:23

Olu, dziękuję bardzo Cieszę się, że sernik smakował :) Miłego tygodnia życzę.