Ireland

Easter Weekend and Altamont Gardens

April 20, 2014

Altamont Gardens
Have I told you I love spring? I love longer days and nature comes back to life. I love that grass is getting greener, trees blossom, little lambs run in the fields. Ireland is beautiful in every season, but every ray of sunshine makes it one of the most beautiful places in the world.
sheep and lambToday we’ve visited Altamont Gardens, they are apparently the most romantic gardens in Ireland. I’m not sure if that’s true, but for sure they are the most relaxed ones. I really enjoy gardens where nature takes over and grow quite freely, but you can still notice the concept of the gardener.
Altamont Gardens This peacock was noisy one!
Altamont Gardens - peacock Altamont Gardens Altamont Gardens Altamont Gardens - daffodils Altamont Gardens Altamont Gardens - pondThis one on the other hand looked more like a sculpture. I really like how it fits in the surrounding, almost like a chameleon.
Altamont Gardens - peacock Altamont Gardens - magnolias The cafe in Walled Garden was so cute, with chickens running around and rose pergolas. The vegetable soup with cheddar scone was delicious. I hope we will be able to go back there in the summer. If you are around Carlow, you should defenitly stop by. Altamont Gardens - cafeAltamont Gardens
Admission: free
No dogs allowed

• Reply Joy @MyTravelingJoys April 21, 2014 at 07:31

Lovely photos! Spring is my favorite season too! I’ve been meaning to get down to Wilanow palace here in Warsaw because the gardens are supposed to look beautiful right now as well.

• Reply Magda April 21, 2014 at 15:23

Thank you Joy. I’ve been to Warsaw only briefly and I’ve never got to Wilanów (ashamed), but any gardens look gorgeous in the spring.

• Reply Bea April 21, 2014 at 08:28

Pieknie tam! U nas niestety magnolie juz przekwitly (wczesnie w tym roku zaczely kwitnienie…) , ale wciaz sporo kolorow wokol – choc ogrody zdecydowanie nie tak klimatyczne jak ten! :)

• Reply Magda April 21, 2014 at 15:28

Ja uwielbiam ogrody irlandzkie. Magnolie u nas trochę już kwitną, ale ciągle się trzymają, póki co narcyzy przekwitły, ale wszystkie drzewa aktualnie kwitną i jest tak pięknie aż słów brak.

• Reply Angie@Angie's Recipes April 21, 2014 at 18:21

Beautiful garden photos! Thank you so much for sharing, Magda.

• Reply nora April 21, 2014 at 20:52

yes! beautiful pictures magda <3 thank you again for taking me along ps: where was that mirror with which you took that cheeky selfie from? haha :D

• Reply Altamont Garden | co. Carlow | The Art of Exploring April 22, 2014 at 14:00

[…] thanks to my friend Magda who kindly took me along for a little adventure (go check her post of the day, she took fantastic pictures!). We went to Altamont Garden, which is best known for its […]