Autumn, Christmas, Desserts, Tiny sweets, Winter

Chestnut chocolate pots

August 17, 2014

Gluten-free, egg-free, vegan chocolate chestnut pots

When the guests are coming I usually look for a cake I could make. A cake is my favourite, my comfort zone. I only need to have an idea what type of cake I want, usually the answer is an easy one.  But since I try to be good and avoid carbs I needed to figure out something else .

That was actually a blessing, because those little pots turned out heavenly. I forgot the simple pleasure of smooth mousse. Now I totally understand Sue’s runaway with a bowl of mousse (if you don’t know what I’m talking about, just watch the new season of Great British Bake Off), you will do the same with this one.

Gluten-free, egg-free, vegan chocolate chestnut pots

The main advantage of those chocolate pots is you can make them in no time. The most difficult part is actually melting chocolate. The minimalist version consists of only four ingredients. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, so you should satisfy most demanding guests.

Gluten-free, egg-free, vegan chocolate chestnut pots

Giveaway winner: And the winner of the competition is Sandra. I’ve sent you an email, please get in touch with your ROI postal address.

Chestnut chocolate pots

Chestnut chocolate pots

• 100g dark chocolate
  • 125ml coconut milk
  • 250g peeled and cooked chestnuts (you can use puree as well, just check if it is sweeten, if so, reduce or omit the maple syrup)
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
  • optionally vanilla extract / cinnamon / coffee liqueur / amaretto / rum
Melt the chocolate.
Blend chestnuts with coconut milk (you may need to adjust the amount of milk depending on how much moisture is in your chestnuts)
Add in maple syrup, any flavouring of your choice and melted chocolate.
Whisk it until smooth.
The mixture will get much stiffer after refrigerating it.
Refrigerate for an hour.
Enjoy!

Notes

Makes 6 small portions
Recipe from Bea

Cook Blog ShareI’ve added this little recipe to Lucy’s movement Cook Blog Share, that is about spreading some love to brilliant blogs that around us. Feel free to join us!

• Reply rise of the sourdough preacher August 17, 2014 at 20:13

Magda as soon as I read chestnut I ran here!
    What a lovely recipe, love love love it.
    Perfection for those autumn evenings, cold and lonely!
    A must try ;)
    Baci
    Lou

• Reply Magda August 18, 2014 at 08:01

Hi Lou,
      I hope you had a great break. you will love it is so simple. But I hope you evenings won’t be lonely and you can share it with somebody :)

• Reply Rachael A August 20, 2014 at 16:07

I love Chestnuts and it’s often difficult to find good recipes that include it! These look yummy and I think they would be great for dessert on Christmas day…..

• Reply Magda August 20, 2014 at 21:07

When I was looking at similar recipes that Nigella has more indulging chestnut chocolate pots recipe and she can’t be wrong. For me Christmas is all about poppy seed cake, cheesecake, gingerbread, but I agree it would be nice dessert especially you almost need no time to make it :)

• Reply Lydia Gerratt (@Flavourforbaby) August 21, 2014 at 10:30

I love chestnuts and chocolate and this recipe looks so super easy and delicious. The addition of rum would make it so more-ish…..I’m going to try it on my children!

• Reply Magda August 21, 2014 at 11:10

Hi Lydia, I’m glad to hear it. Just be careful to make a separate batch with more rum for yourself :)

• Reply Laura August 22, 2014 at 13:58

These sound so luscious and the perfect indulgence =)

• Reply lucyparissi August 25, 2014 at 09:55

I love anything with chestnut in it (have been known to eat those little chestnut sweetened spreads with a spoon!) and these look and sound really delicious. I frequently fall back on a chocolate mousse when having friends over – it’s delicious and fancy enough to round off a big meal without being too heavy. Thanks so much for joining #CookBlogShare – hope you come back again this week.

• Reply Magda August 26, 2014 at 21:32

Hi Lucy,
      Thank you so much for featuring my little pots. I always go for cake, it’s my comfort zone, but I will try to change it, this one was so quick.
      Joining again is tempting, but I hope I will cook anything, we’ve just come back from Krakow and I just can’t get my rhythm back! But I will try to get there :)

• Reply Bea August 25, 2014 at 17:42

Magdo, ciesze sie, ze przepis sie przydal! :)

• Reply Magda August 26, 2014 at 21:33

Beo, ja z Twoimi przepisami zazwyczaj potrzebuję dużo czasu, ale jak już coś zrobię to jest pyszne :)

• Reply They Called It The Diamond Blog August 29, 2014 at 13:25

I had a dairy free, raw avocado chocolate mousse about a month ago at this AMAZING vegetarian restaurant in London where they switch the chef everyday. This looks very similar plus I love your styling.

• Reply Magda August 30, 2014 at 11:19

Hi Flick. Thank you so much. I’ve heard of avocado chocolate mousse, but avocado I had was still hard as a stone, so I looked for other option. I’m sure I will try it another time when I get ripe avocado :)

• Reply Francoisr November 11, 2015 at 15:31

Hi, have you tried with other vegan milks like oat or soya or rice milk? I guess something rich is needed? I would like a l as strong flavour than coconut to really taste the chestnut. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Reply Magda November 13, 2015 at 19:30

Francoisr, no I haven’t tried with any other milk, it maybe hard as none of them is any thick, but give it a try and let me know how it went ;)

• Reply Sallyanne Rock February 11, 2016 at 15:07

These look fantastic and so simple, can’t wait to try out the recipe!

Where are those wonderful serving pots from? So cute!

• Reply Kiret November 27, 2016 at 09:24

Congrats for your lovely website! Thanks for sharing your wisdom and love!
    Tried this recipe last night and it turned out a big hit! Next time will maybe add pitted dates and soaked raisins for a new twist :)