There is something addictive about chutneys. I’ve never heard of them until I’ve started blogging. They are not popular in Poland, but since we live in Ireland I get more and more addicted. Whenever we get a chance we buy a new one to try. I still don’t have my favourite flavour combinations and I pick at random.
I’ve never made a chutney before. It was done by coincidence. I got an opportunity to organize the giveaway of chutneys, I bought plums that were supposed to end up in a cake, but they didn’t as I made chocolate cake instead. Then I opened Nigel’s Slater book “Tender II” on the plums section and that was it. It also goes nicely with a giveaway I have for you.
Recipe adapted from Nigel’s Slater “Tender”
Makes around 3-4 jam jars.
- 750g plums, halved and stoned
- 350g onions, chopped
- 125g raisins
- 200g light muscovado sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1tsp salt
- 2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 150ml red wine vinegar
- 150ml malt vinegar
- a cinnamon stick
Update: The competition is now close. The winner of the competition is Sandra. I’ve sent you an email, please get in touch with your ROI postal address.
So I’ve never had a giveaway on my blog and I thought it will be nice to share some love. Viking Direct offered this Irish Relish Hamper. To enter, simply comment on this page telling me what do you think of Polish food (do you have your favourite products or dishes? Or maybe you never tried it? What do you imagine it is like?).
Terms and Conditions:
- The prize consists of Irish Relish Hamper. Viking Direct is the promoter of this giveaway and is deemed to be the party providing the product for the giveaway, and is responsible for shipment and delivery of giveaway product.
- This competition is open to residents from Republic of Ireland only.
- To take part, leave a comment on the blog telling me what do you think of Polish food.
- Include your email address.
- One entry per person allowed.
- Entries close on Saturday 16th August 2014 at 23.59 GMT, and winner will be announced on Sunday 17th August 2014 here on the blog.
- The winners will be randomly chosen and notified by email. If a potential winner does not respond within seven days, alternate winner will be selected.
- Magdascauldron.com is the host of the giveaway and is in no way to be considered the promoter. Viking Direct is deemed to be the party providing the product for the giveaway, and is responsible for shipment and delivery of giveaway product.