What a year it was! I can’t believe how much I’ve done during it.
It was my most consistent and hardworking year of blogging. I’ve written over 90 posts! That’s 30% more than last year and I managed to be very consistent throughout the year.
It was very consistent year for my food photography. I’ve never been so proud of my photos. I remember trying to put collage like this last year and the colours and styles didn’t want to match. This year the patterns emerged straight away. It’s still a lot more to do, but I’m so happy to see some progress!
As for your favourite recipe this year, the winners are:
- Poppy Seed Roll
- Caramel Cheesecake
- Apricot Yogurt Cake
- Lavender and Honey Bread
- Apple Muffins
- Crusty Cob
- Coconut Bundt Cake
- Berry Meringue Bars
- Spritz Cookies
- Sweet Potato Soup
We have never travelled so much and so far as this year.
We started with a big bang. We traveled to Asia, preciouslyPhilippines for the first time. I’m ashamed to admit, but I still have some photos and thoughts to share on Philippines. We still didn’t talk about food.
In June I went to my first blogging conference. I even made cute, mini business cards! It was amazing and exhausting. I practiced my small talk skills. I promised myself to be better blogger and I think I was. I will leave it to you to decide.
In July we had a short trip to Paris, it was only 5 days, but we managed to squeeze in quite a lot.
In August we went for another short trip to Krakow, as usual I left my camera at home and enjoyed time with my friends.
We had planned trip to Spain with our friends a year before. That was our first trip with a toddler (not ours, theirs). It wasn’t as scary as we expected. We needed to make a few adjustments, but we did enough sightseeing and relaxing and enjoying company of our friends.
Totally unexpected I managed to squeeze in one more bit of summer and travel into this busy year. In November as I changed jobs, I had a week off and I went for a girly trip with a friend to Barcelona.
We traveled abroad a lot, but we traveled around Ireland as much.
- On Patrick’s Day we went for a day to Wexford. In May we spent a weekend in Cork. It was the most miserable trip this year, it was cold and drizzled all the weekend. Cork is lovely, but we were very unlucky with the weather. In October we finally went to Kerry (there should be another post about it).
- We did a lot day trips. We visited some gardens – Altamont, Mount Usher and Powerscourt Gardens and beautiful estates – Avondale House, Killruddery House, and Castletown.
- We visited Howth, Glasnevin Cemetery, Bray, Greystones, Wicklow, Varty Reservoir, Lavender Farm, Bull Island, Brittas Bay, Malahide, St Annes Park, Phoenix Park, Fairview Park, Botanical Gardens and many more favourite places I hope I will introduce you to.
It’s hard to get my head around how much I did this year. It’s hard to imagine 2015 will be as busy as 2014.
I’m not a goal person, I usually set up only tiny goals as I go and I call them “let’s try…”. I’m scared of having a list I need to go through. Lists make me feel like work. But I must admit that Goodreads reading challenge worked brilliantly for me. Trying to post on the blog twice a week worked well. So maybe numbers and lists are not that bad….
So next year, let’s try:
- Simplify my life a bit more. I started this year and it feels good. It also means being more organised…
- Along those lines, I hope to learn to make my own cosmetics and replace a lot of commercial products with my own. I heard you can live on coconut oil, apple vinegar and baking soda according to Nora. I want to try it.
- I hope to cooked more vegetarian and seasonal food. I was pretty good this year. I want it to progress.
- I want to network more. Blogging for me is about keeping track of my life and meeting lovely people, but networking is pretty hard for me.
- I want to make you a list of my favourite places in Dublin and around it and maybe give you a few insider tips.
- I still want to visit places I haven’t visited yet. Maybe Lisbon, Budapest, Croatia, eastern part of Poland. We will see.
- Read at least as much as I did this year.
- And probably the most important for the blog – to find balance between baking, Polish food, food in general, travel, random stuff and homemade cosmetics and other random thoughts I have.
Do you have any goals for yourself?
Is there anything you would like to see here?
Happy New Year guys! I hope 2015 will be brilliant for everybody.